Monday, May 29, 2006

Our imperfections
gleam white-gold in the late afternoon.

I am still
your beautiful boy


You cannot see me now
hidden as I am
behind the mountain of baggage
you have accumulated

I still have
your secret name
embossed into my wrist


The whole world
really doesn't care for us
as I once believed
even the tall soft grasses
I would tell my lies and truth to
have become weedy and disgruntled

We have no format
to call uniformity
on any other day
I can find you naked and screaming
at mongrel dogs on the street
your breasts pressed to the windowpanes
a smear of sexuality
caressing dust

Arms flailing
in ever widening arcs
till you blur
and whirr away

a dragonfly in search of a clear sky

Chasing shadow dreamers
over a sulking city streetscape
in diving leaps

Seeking confirmation of the obvious
in denial of obscurities

And I

Hold on for dear life
face pressed into the iridescence of
your wings
the thrumming beat
my heart
the lurching uncertainty
my choice

always
my choice

4 comments:

burning moon said...

wow, someone who will actually step up and take responsibility for his choices. Well said.

Chris Never said...

Thanks Moon *smile*


I think it is important to take on the responsibility for what you say and do.

How effect others in this world causes ripples in the fabric of man and woman.

Im feeling very sage today lol

burning moon said...

lol, wonder if sage is good in a salad?

Chris Never said...

with a snippet of parsley , and rosemary and tyne, I think I will sing you cheeky thing lol