Monday, May 22, 2006

Beneath the sunset

you struggle to imagine

I continue to write

pointless sonnets

on crumpled paper

The words are

halving

splitting into shorter sentences

meaning streams away

in bleeding black ink rivers

sliding off the page

to soak my thigh

I reach through the stanzas

seeking connection

in a statement made

then left to fade in that sunset

you will never know.

Once you tasted my

tart cheese and wine images

the mulled sensation

settling soft in your belly

easing the loneliness

for a time

The colors

of a brown and brittle landscape

swirling

just before your eyes

motes of new green shoots

blazing into you

My pen drying out

to scratch the page

tearing through

to find you

4 comments:

burning moon said...

There are your thighs again. lol.

'brown and brittle landscape is a killer line!

Chris Never said...

My thighs are the centre of the universe

My eyes
the ingress of interpretations

My arms
embrace rage and confess
the need for the surreal

Feel me
and be altered

Feel me

and become

Feel me

and Ill call the cops lol

Chris Never said...

Im really struggling with bloody
Boadecia

If i send you a draft
will you have look over it for me?

Its busting my brain

burning moon said...

Sure. I'll be away most of tomorrow but send it and I'll send it back as soon as I get time to look it over.