Monday, May 08, 2006



I’ve been kissed
goodbye by the Moon

Her farewell fell

in silver bell tinkling song

to lay her sad fingers upon my cheek

I tried to speak
but she took my words
and wove them through her hair

I tried to explain
but she said I could never come back to her again
after tonight

And tonight
was stars without the blaze
just ashen grey fall away

just broken strands of fairy globes
hanging limp in the garden

And the Moon
is stripping off suggestions

And the Moon
is naked in her own light

bathed by the sky
and the tears I cried
when she said we could never become


But we did become
without her knowing
I remember showing her
all the scars I had carried
forever and a day
I remember
the way she took away yesterday
and replaced it with a blurred vision
of tomorrow in all its
one colour splendour

In all its new born foal utterances

In all its second chances

And the Moon
is stepping out of herself

And the Moon

is fragility and serenity
climbing over my tongue

I am
the winding of time
ill considered and redefined

I am lost
in the stratosphere
I trying to be near

but never quite clearing the tree tops

The sound of denial

is the grinding of teeth

The sound of farewell

is the soft tread of a thief
across my roof

And the Moon
will soon submit to the sun

For he has come
with trumpets calling
with my protests falling
upon deaf ears

For he has come
for her

and I cannot even find
the portal where goodbye awaits

And he has come
burning down the gates of our secret place

to leave me deathless
dying

and worse

not even trying

anymore......

4 comments:

Ashley said...

How long does this take you to work on? Hours, minutes, or does it just come to you like mine does to me?

burning moon said...

yum ... I like this. Of course, it has moon in it you know, so it's sort of a given that I'll like it.
Such a self absorbed creature the moon. :)

Chris Never said...

Kora, thats a really tough question.

I guess the initial poem is just a rush of creation, so very quick, but then, to hone it can take any amount of time, this one is still to be honed, but I will read it in a week and think, ok, I will change this or that, and the poem takes shape that way. But nine times out of ten, the poem pours itself out of me in a rush of words, and then, depending on what it is, I will workshop again and again, or if Im really lucky, it will need nothing much done at all.

Moon's are always such *grin*

I figured you would like it lol

Ashley said...

lol *grin* Yes i very much like it.. You should see some of my stories. I am going to try and get published you'll have to check it out... When i get published i will change my computer name to my real name, and tell everyone i got my book published... but till then...kora...