Friday, July 13, 2012

Ime



The ipod ipad iphone clatter clutter 

a smooth black seduction 
for fingers and minds 
the caress of touch screen 
pulling us to
high resolution dreamscapes

An app a day
keeps sanity away

and we
will never
be alone again

I talk to your down turned face
the curve of your concentration
arcing beyond me
to Ipeeps
and we-don't-sleep
but its ok
face book will be there
when I am dust 
and gone far away 

There is no buzz
nor hum
to warn us
no prickling skin
and stand up hairs
on the back of the neck

All the deepest human
fight or flight 
are dulled
in the soft screen glow
of Iknow

I seek silence
in your voice
a surcease 
a way to implore you
put it down
turn it off
leave it be



You fail to see
that without you
I can not possible be
nor never find
or never know


Ime







2 comments:

burning moon said...

the perfect poem for Friday 13th

how we do busy ourselves with trivia,

clutter every moment with senseless sounds

and pay more attention to it than we pay to those who are so important to us.

Chris Never said...

It is a brave new world we have created, as I watch my children and my wife and I all immerse ourselves into the I phenomenon, I do wonder about the social implications down the track

Time will tell, but I hate the constancy of it, when and where, is the silence, i have always craved silence at times, but now, i never find it