Monday, July 16, 2012

You are
 the epitome of distance
and I have become
the rumpled answer to
a question you never asked

Nature turned her back on us,
took her warmth and loving embrace
from our lives
and left us
bleached branches
washed up on a dreary shore

A finger
of wood
to jut into the sky
accusing God and his minions
of deceit
of abandonment

of telling lies


You do not weep
so often now
the tears you gave
so freely
I gathered into a cracked basin
to wash my face with each morning
for

your sadness
cleansed not only
my skin

Atonement
or abasement
I have neither
and offer no such simple solutions

I prefer to continue

for continuance
is a beam of
truth
pulling us back into synchronicity

You are
the epitome of distance
and I
the rumpled belief
you can hold onto
a little longer










2 comments:

burning moon said...

'you are the epitome of distance,' I love that!

and this:
I prefer to continue

for continuance
is a beam of
truth
pulling us back into synchronicity

you make such beautiful sense to me :)

Chris Never said...

nice to think I make sense to someone lol

Thank you my friend :)