Friday, May 04, 2012

The Ache....

Molten gold
glitter burns 
a touch 
and our fingers glow

We draw sigils 
in the empty air between us
runes of yesterday 
trapped echoes of the way
you seared yourself upon me 


The sky burns 

green for copper 
the taste of blood

gold for promise
a price paid 

We spell out
farewells 
in arcane tongues

whispers pulse
and harangue  
sound gathered in 
the raised hand
 against my face 


No
not loud enough
yet love
scream your loss to my eyes
so i can only see your goodbyes
so i can only 
be a reprise
mentioned at the end of days 


 The runes 
flare and fade
our conversation
cinders falling
to cling upon
 bare walls
where once
we hung frames
where once 
you called my name
as I thrust against you

The gold hardens 
sets
a thin metal sheet of regret
 
Melting into you 
becoming me
leaving us
behind 

 













 

2 comments:

burning moon said...

omg! I thought I had clicked on the wrong website link! I had to go back and check.
I like the redecorating :)

I love your trademark drift in rhyme and great use of language in this poem. It's a true example of all the best things your style utilises. Lovely poem.

Chris Never said...

Well thank you :)

Glad you like the lay out, I am not actually sure how that happened lol

I really shouldn't mess with the buttons on this site *grin*