Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vice-Versa #9 @ Poets United







And you never said
nor offered

anything
other than
farewell

The impression of your body
lies sleeping beside me
no warmth or skin
for me to see
simply the
sound of your whispered

follow

And I did
through gray Sundays
scattered
broken
and upended
on the porch

Through scorched
mornings
where the burning
embers of your absence
crested the sunrise
to streak across a discolored sky

There was nothing tangible
no tactile sensation
to lead me to you

Yet
there you are

a suggestion
of who we once were

that unusual couple
as Ray and Jen once called us
with a giggle and a glass of Sav Blanc

Rare gems
glimmering in the diffused
light of late afternoon
slanting beams of each other
carving the porch into
latticed designs
of here now

and gone tomorrow





3 comments:

burning moon said...

'the burning
embers of your absence
crested the sunrise
to streak across a discolored sky'

trade mark you :)

I love it! absolutely beautiful.

Chris Never said...

Well thank you kindly, I tried to be part of this multi poet blog thing, but I haven't been very successful lol, I must have done it wrong, doesn't surprise me, I rarely read the instructions for anything properly hehe

burning moon said...

lol