Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Body Language

Your skin is fable

Tales
undulating
curving beneath
my questing eyes

Stories
of troll and fairy fire


The circle
in which
I dance widdershins
a wild cavort
of reckless behaviours

Legends of Homer
an arrow shot through aligned rings
a journey travelled
looping over islands
winding through
witches hidden
caverns

I read you without cessation
devouring words
scavenging meanings
woven within context

Seeking completion
in the never ending fantasy
you are to me



2 comments:

burning moon said...

ha! you have the moon on your page now!

I like this poem very much. 'widdershins' lol. cool word.

Chris Never said...

The moon is so I can keep track of when I am turning feral each month, you know, hairy, howling, that sort of thing lol.

Glad you liked the poem

widdershins should be used in everyday language, its such an evocative word.

Sigh, the world is so bland language wise sometimes thesedays