Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wildflower Paths

I have returned

Carved a path through
honeysuckle days
to allay our disquiet

We will reacquaint ourselves
with peaks and valleys

Hands tucked
in foxglove snug

We stare into
then through
watching eyebright
shining incandescence
leaving shimmer trails
of sight

You crayon my skin
cornflower shades of yesterday

Listen to the sound of us
with cats ear clarity
the way we
twitch this way
and that

Forget-me-nots
will spring
from our
receding footprints

To leave
wildflower paths
for others to follow

5 comments:

miss magic said...

wonderful poem! I love the lines,
"leaving shimmer trails
of sight" and "You crayon my skin
cornflower shades of yesterday". they sound so nice. you're a very talented poet. :D

Chris Never said...

Well thankyou very much Miss Magic, Im glad you enjoyed it.

burning moon said...

This is such a pretty wander through a field of wildflowers. Very lovely :)

Sandy said...

Beautiful poem Chris. I absolutely love this one from you. Okay, so I am partial to flowers and colors.

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Moon, *whispers* dont tell anyone I looked up wild flower types and just used whatever took my fancy to write this, how very pedestrian of me lol.

Hiya Sandy, thankyou kindly, glad you enjoyed it *smile*