Thursday, March 22, 2007

Never too civilised

We ignore the warning signs
the flashing neon
Freon gas noxious cloud of undercurrent
sweeping us away

You
with all your choices
neatly arrayed on the buffet
beneath the china plates
behind the photo's
black whites of us
looking wind swept and interesting

Light and dark I said
and smiled although it was a cold pleasure
with no real heat to make the lips curl correctly

Light and shade you corrected
because you have not given up

will never give up

And yes
there is a howling
barely heard beneath the gentle strains
of our tune
a grating screech
bringing bloodsong
and wilderness

And my wilding
is sides of suggestion
another perspective
no one wants
and everyone turns slightly away
from

You covet although and other
interpretations

the opportunity to correct the politics
too enticing to pass up


Still hold onto us with gritted teeth

even when I bite your hand
the hand
that feeds


3 comments:

burning moon said...

ooo very good. nice gritty tension in this. It communicated to me very strongly as I read.

Bridget M. said...

Yes! This is very much in the spirit of the Lullaby poem, to me. I really enjoyed reading this one over and over again.

Sometimes I wish I was eloquent enough to tell you exactly how incredibly talented I think you are.

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Moon , gritty it is, I agree. *smile*.

Bridget,glad you felt it was what you were after, and thankyou kindly, for your comments *smile*