Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Distances.


What do we know of distances?


Between us rests
the fullness of time
voices of history
echoing into flesh

resonating
the past

vibrating till the shrill
wind of tomorrow
gales and blusters
scattering carefully assembled
memories

Our declarations
made
in the safety of seclusion

I can see our questing


Tibetan prayers
hanging on the elm
thin paper pleadings
spin and flutter
to be ripped asunder
sacrificed
to the simplicities
of natural order

Our skin
turns to rivers
flowing in reversal
the eddy and whirl
seeping from one to the other
till I do not know which way to go

Drawn into the current
left to flow sluggish
and discoloured












5 comments:

burning moon said...

Tibetan prayers hanging on the elm. A lovely visual. It's such a charming custom isn't it?

Chris Never said...

It is a lovely custom, I have a lot of time for their out look on life, not that I have ever studied it in detail, but they carry such a sense of serenity about them, Im sure that has got to be good for you dont you think? emanating an aura of such peace?

I would give all the disarray of my soul to be that peaceful inside

not much of trade really lol

burning moon said...

mmm meditation is so good for you. you should give it a whirl. I'm sure it lengthens your life expectancy to destress and relax like that, even for just ten or twenty minutes a day.

I can focus on my breathing for just a few breaths now and feel the tension immediately flow away from me.

Chris Never said...

Will I become all wise and Zen *grins*

That would be nice, perhaps they could put me into some lovely orange robes, I can shave my head and say wonderfully obscure things like

The little pebble
can still make
a large splash

*nods head wisely*

or

Relax your mind
and the body will follow

or

Who ate the last of the peanut butter?
you bloody kids
you never leave me anything to eat


sorry,this last one was residual angst from this morning lol

burning moon said...

lol

very zen indeed