Thursday, February 01, 2007

Poetry ~ Lure

Spin shine

refractions
catch the sun
then release

as we were

I will send this line
this twisting shimmer
to dance cavort
upon you

You are so still
this early
only the gentle lapping
of your hands against me

I can sit and talk for hours
as you swirl beneath the
idle circles of my bare feet
within you

Entice to dive

A depthless dark
of dreaming awaits

Your breath
will be sweet clear
a caress
clinging moss and
slickened rocks
to pull me down

I will fill with
crystal clarity
I know

and we can reinvent still
together
save the endless lap
of your hands

2 comments:

burning moon said...

ooo, very 'siren songish'

I love the oblique way this is written. I think the personification of the water works well.

Chris Never said...

cool, I was trying for a more minimal approach on this one, muted tone, glad you think it works ok, thanks Moon :)