Monday, February 26, 2007

Untitled

There is no one here now
the dream
the thought
the sea scented impressions
I have left on your flesh
are
drying and fading


My life is a husk,
the dead shell of being
where once the sweet juice
would rouge my lips with existence.

Empty is not the end
it does not contain the finality
of completion
just the echo and yearning
for what was

There is no one here now
long gone
I have taken my words
my soul calling
sky falling
and tucked them into
the sun

Given
something for everyone
but me

3 comments:

burning moon said...

very lovely nostalgic longing in this. I love the first strophe. it makes me think of someone shipwrecked and washed onto the shore.

Chris Never said...

Well thankyou Moonmaid, nice to write something I am half happy with *smile*

Sandy said...

Sad, melancholic poem Chris which I enjoyed reading.