Monday, February 12, 2007

Picture me somewhere

Picture me somewhere

Lip syncing to life
my mouth
shaping responses to unasked questions

I'm ok
truly
a seer
steeped in the serendipity
of simplistic requirements
going above but never beyond

I hear you
when you call out
across the verdant pastures of otherwise
a voice carried to me
nestled within the wings
of a white bird

I can pick out your sound
over the hum
a succinctly pitched cry

To bring weeping softly days

to raise eyes skyward
seeking purchase on the slickened sides
of tomorrows uncertain decisions

to make me pause.....

2 comments:

burning moon said...

hello there ... this is a pensive, slightly tense little poem. I like the way you end on that pause ...

very effective.

I must try to remember that little ploy.

Chris Never said...

pensive and tense, yes, that about sums me up atm *wry grin*

Thanks kid