Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Untitled

I hear

only what I want to hear

And I still hear you

not this nothing
this burst of still
which surges across me

I hear existence continued
the
in and ex of breath

I hear blood
and the strumming of your heart song

I hear you

not this senseless space created by dark
matter
where no light will shine

I hear
laughter and light
and the way you could make me smile
on tough days

I will keep listening
beyond the dirt piled high upon you
press my face to the soil
and wait for words
for the
in and ex of breath

for sound

your sound
the uniqueness of your essence
as it washes over me


Take your silence away
I have no use for quiet
fill me with song and sound
and your days and your past
and you and you and you.

7 comments:

burning moon said...

I spent yesterday writing about the time I spent looking after mum before she died so this really fitted with that. yes I know that ...

Chris Never said...

Death is a day
we cannot see coming
but we always have it marked
on the calendar just in case

*sighs very deeply*

I am so sad
I have submitted to it
and now it is everything

burning moon said...

oh sweetie *hugs*

I wish I knew something to say that would help, but I really don't have any wise words.

Even time doesn't seem to help much, except that I find as time goes by I remember more of the good things and the bad things slip away. I'm grateful for that at least. But the missing never seems to go away.

burning moon said...

it's not fair that people go away like that. I take a long time to trust people and let them in and letting them go again is not something I do easily.

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Moon,

I am pretty good with the concept of death and passing usually.

Its just, this guy,
he had a total of five months from the day they told him to the day he died... thats not a long time.

At least he got to say goodbye to his family and friends mostly I guess

If I had rung a day or so earlier, I might have caught him before he was too crook to respond.

might have beens
are fairly useless I know....

I put it off fuck it, I was going to ring on the Monday, but I couldnt face the sound of his cracking voice......

And so I don't get to say anything for eternity.

burning moon said...

well maybe think of it this way ... if you didn't say goodbye then he never really left and the two of you are still friends.

Chris Never said...

Thanks kid *hugs*, appreciate you being there for me today