Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Poem - Contemplations

Does it sit well?

The ever widening gap
between a greeting card version
of heaven
and you can guess the variance


A sense of urgency
normal now
an adrenal lick
at the base of the stomach
just enough to make you swallow
a little
harder

I cannot turn the TV on
the fear of what will be unleashed
has taken my will away
I leave it dark
and brooding in the mahogany cabinet
we bought out right
without two thousand years interest free
with 900 percent residual to pay at the end

The kids are white-water rafting through the days
white knuckle grip on
all the things we have tried to impart
a moral code
tapped out in Morse
which will not interface with ipods
going up stream on an iriver
flat and mat finished to be
dull beyond the edges of blunted expectations

Somewhere in the back of my skull
I realise
its all bullshit
the striving
and never arriving at
a destination
printed out in glossy copies
of GQ

But even so

even so.......

2 comments:

burning moon said...

very excellent! good stuff.

Chris Never said...

Well thankyou kindly Moon *smile*

I was leafing through a copy of that absurb magazine the other day, oh my god,you would think hair cuts, body lotion and assorted man scents , waxing my body etc etc are the keys to a good life

*rolls eyes*

It was so shallow I couldnt even get my toes wet with it *grin*