Friday, August 04, 2006

There are a thousand heartbeats
thrumming next to my ear

the pearls of words
the cast of a stone to ripple against the soft press
of your flesh

We shed intentions
pretentions
swept away on the currents of sex
and sentiments shared

I'm leaning on you again
the press nothing more
and nothing less
than everything you ever wanted
and nothing you have ever had

Goad the rise of my skin
into the sun
I strive
grow and stretch
till we are shaded beneath my desire

And the heat will still reach us
as the night beseeches us to come closer

A thousand heartbeats
pressed against my ear
calling me out of this sea shell haven
the fallen raven
swooping one last time

2 comments:

burning moon said...

ah yes ... there's my pretty black bird. smiles

moon

Chris Never said...

He
pokes his head up occasionally to say hello *smiles*