Tuesday, August 08, 2006


I have brought you offerings

Incense and myrrh
Frankincense and foils of white horse

To lay at your feet


the small white sculptured marble toes

with veins of gold
running random patterned brilliance
through the flesh turned stone

I prostrate myself
and genuflect
palm out

palm down
supplication a balm
to soak in

skin oiled gleaming
reflecting light streaming
from your caress

You tell me secrets some days
how
the nature of stars
is changing
the way constellations
dance
and disappear
only to re emerge
from the stones
or the carved rock buttress

then issuing from
the depthless caverns

You tell me

the obvious

how the Gods

have forsaken us

left us to wallow and wander

the desert of forty days and nights alone

without the sibilant whispers of hope

to sustain us

You tell me

worship

is not in my thing

and leave me

a crazed shaman

stamping beneath the canopy

of eternities frozen embrace




No comments: