Friday, August 11, 2006



I'm rising on the wind of sound
filling my dented skull
with music
throb
beat
drowning out all the rest of the world
in drum bass lead blissful crushing noise

I cannot hear beyond the howling
begging of the voice

I wail
lost in the song

scream
an underscore to the soaring ache

There is nothing else
no sight nor touch
can reach through

Only the pain of reverberations
and crescendo’s
taking me and breaking me into
chorus and lyrical destruction

And it feels
so fucking potent

the loss of self

the damage

the dissolution of a soul

Dissolve me on the acidic
taint of your chords

Shatter my reality
in the four minute blistering skin
of scale and wailing

And for a moment
the crowding is gone

To see beyond

here and now

the lessening somehow

And still

all there is

is sound

the barrage

remorseless

and tender

Covet me and fuck me

with the lick of a guitars flaring

flame

I will never be

never was

the same

2 comments:

Bridget M. said...

That is a powerful poem. Just Epic. Nice work!

Chris Never said...

Hiya Bridget, thanks very much *smile*