Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Poetry -Wrecked

Flotsam

Adrift
we skate upon the wave
the depth
of endless

We recede
a glimpsed glimmer of something
solid
catching the sun
only to depart beneath
a rolling swell

Jetsam

The sand claws and clings

A rush of water over our dismay
pushing us further onto the shore

The tide sings
and brings salt tainted tears

We loll
limbs drawn with the motion
mouths open to receive the sea

Lagan

Still attached
you are beyond my touch

I cannot raise myself up
to meet your slowly sinking form


Soaked and heavy
I am drawn down to find you
caught in the whirlpool
we spin and part
allowed glances
but no second chances














2 comments:

burning moon said...

I like this. Nice progression from section to section.
I thought maybe, "slowly sinking
'form'"?

that is, if I read it right? It gives me a more definite image to hold on to there.

Chris Never said...

Suggestion noted and execution proceeds *grin*

Thanks Moon, it was a little shakey there