Monday, January 08, 2007

Where do you go

I have caressed
the silk screened distances
you will not cross
to know us

The way it sedates
seeking to
becalm tempestuous nature

You avert your face
from pelting rain
the jags electric
halo
wind driven
raging frustrations

Please
I implore
do not send thoughts of continued
belief my way

I am God Damned

a sinner in truth

Fire and brimstone my balm
to soothe flesh seared by your
head shake of negation

A finger ticking side to side
in denials

A voice
small and strong
reverberating long after the words
of refusal have died on my skin

There is nothing now
just the last light mist of rain
and the memory
of potency in the soft wind ruffling
the grass beneath me





5 comments:

Bridget M. said...

Beautiful~ and welcome back, I've really missed your work.

Chris Never said...

Hiya Bridget, thankyou very much, its great to be back, Im feeling refreshed and recharged, and hopefully, ready to write *smile*

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Moonwoman, I am heading for the zone, meet me there for poetic perfection

Mon ami, cool, I like it *grin*

Sandy said...

Lovely, tender poem Chris. Well written

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Sandy *smile*