Monday, October 30, 2006




Some ghosts never die.


How do the incorporate
cast such shadows?

You permeate
each taste
each breath and moment

I feel your fingers in my hair
body pressed against me
late at night
when all good people are sleeping
your sex comes creeping over
my skin
in slick indentations

I will thrash and twist
try to resist
but awaken
raging with arousal
and despair
thick on my tongue

I am so much more
than you ever let me be
crushed beneath
the ache of your violence

I am beyond
your control

Beyond the soft fist
the brazen kiss
of teeth and blood


Apparition
dancing behind my teeth
as I whistle your favourite song













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am so much more
than you ever let me be"

I love this line in particular. This poem has so much emotion in it. Nice work.

Chris Never said...

Thankyou very much Bridget :)