Tuesday, October 10, 2006

All the infrastructure
gleaming girders
bordered in gilt
and shiny shiny chrome

The way the city breathes
moves in time to the inhale exhale
of us

The buzz
always

a whining counter point
to the high low pitch of life
and death
played out on neat suburban
lawns fresh mown
or back alley stained cement
where everything smells of wet
and sad and sexed out

We are intricate tonight
in the blue hook flesh neon shine
caught rabbit startle in the glare
only to shimmy sidewise
into a cafe cool embrace
where coffee is the only song sung

I want the distance you promised
from the sweaty human taint
clinging greasy and smearing
my skin

I sip and slip my tongue
between sentences

Waiting on the exhale
to rejoin the mass of tingling
adrenalin thrusting brightness

We covet the night
in all its lack lustre dazzle

blink

blink in the shades of grey blue

Iris red
the
retina's expanding into the dark

And when the light strikes
no pinpoint reaction
just the absorbing of it all
in glorious blinding disaster

My widened eyes
sucking in the vortex
slamming suns
searing imprints
a comet tail
a meteoric impact
burning race memory and history
far into
the
cortex of my soul

Becoming the hollowed impression
a billion swirling dust particles
up-ploding into mushroomed release







8 comments:

burning moon said...

very nice. I love the city theme.

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Moon, and I invented the word Up-ploding in the process *laughing*,
I thought it was perfect, even if it doesnt exist

burning moon said...

it is perfect, lol. and it exists now.

Chris Never said...

do you think up-ploding will make its way into the everyday vernacular?

Oh, what a load of uppload

what the uppload are you doing?

My legs are upploading with exhaustion

hmmm....maybe not lol

burning moon said...

*rolls eyes* oh dear ...

Chris Never said...

Im having an upplosion of ideas lol


Ok, I'll stop now......


else I may up-plode all over the place and that would be messy and orrible, youll notice I dropped the H in orrible, its to annoy my dear departed Father, he was always telling never to drop my H when I spoke.

burning moon said...

you have an upper class British background???

It doesn't show at all dear ... only maybe it explains your sense of humour, lol

Chris Never said...

I lean towards Monty Python lol, but no, not Upper Class British, otherwise, I would be a Sloan, and I would have a droopy eyed expression, a mixture of inbreeding and booze *grin*

Nothing explains my sense of humour lol