Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quick

In the one moment's hushed opportunity

come to me


I will accept all your frailties
the way petals fall from you
when even the softest breeze
gives caress

Hurry
I see the shape of things to come
and it is distorted beyond recognition

I will agree
to release me
allow the bonds to break
the stern lines of frown
shall disappear
and my face will be the clear
unfurrowed planes of youth
beneath your whispering kisses

Faster love
I see the stars fall
the dead have risen over Sunday
and my pockets are filled with you

I will place
trust on the ground between us
and wait for you to gather it up
into your arms
your eyes
the way you cry when
the guy and the girl get together
in every chick flick ever made

Come
it is time

2 comments:

burning moon said...

Lovely poem Chris. Very nice indeed.

'moment's' needs an apostrophe I think?

Chris Never said...

Thanks Moon,Im slipping back into old habits *slaps self on wrist*, this is/ was too easy to write, I should be ashamed,but of course, Im not lol.

I will alter moment's, ta for that.