Monday, July 31, 2006

I have raised myself upon the dire pathways
roved cross the soiled skin of dying
swum the churning waters of insanities caressing wave


Clear above the pines I rose,
beyond
the surly shrubs of lower ground
the brink of eternity
beneath me

And what to see

what to see

The spokes of humanity
spinning
brittle and broken
the wheel of life
forspoken
in the dreams of Gods
and men.

I will give Allah
and Jesus
my hands
so that each one may tell me what
it means to sacrifice.

Let their tales be told
in the holding of my skin
against the warmth of history

I will become
the son of the son

The messiah's message

a curled parchment
found within the broken shards of a pottery
sepulchre

a papyrus wish
burnished beneath the sands
of time

I will lie in wait for a time
when the testing has become too much
when faith
and the faithless lie fallen and blooded
by too many lies
to much hate
to little forgiveness

I
the word
and you
the last vestige of mans true purpose
whispering across the sands
of Iraq and Iran

Called to the sun
I will be both choices
I will be
without interpretation
the purity of thought
each released into the baking heat
in their given time

in the eons since.

And you will hear.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

pretty.. great imagery.

Chris Never said...

Thankyou kindly Kora, just thinking about drawing the Christian and Muslim worlds together, maybe if their respective figure heads were to of met, who knows *smile*