Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I am unmade
by the machinations of man

The dream children
are peering from the forest foliage
refusing
to be seen

Weep now
for the broken ones
whose visions
shall not paint our
world in unique colours

I am
unmanned by the actions of man

The dream children
naked in the harsh
hissing light of halogen
caught short of the trees.

Pray now
for the distant one's
sent to the earth
before they graced us
with God's design

I am
unable
to accept
I'm a man

The dream children
telling me it's ok
their elfin voiced song
rising on the western wind
poised to become memory

Forget not
the small one's
who could not
defend themselves

10 comments:

Ashley said...

is this one about abortion?

Chris Never said...

Hello Kora, no, this is still on the theme regarding the little girl in the previous poem,a piece about children, innocence, what is sometimes taken/lost,and how the behaviour of some men and what they do makes me ashamed to be a male at times.


Chris.

Ashley said...

oh.. how very interesting. I put you in my blog i hope you do not mind and if so i will take you off. I put you on the links part

burning moon said...

Nice interweaving of lots of different elements here. Personal and public, fact and fantasy. It works very well with the ethereal dreamlike way you've tied it all together.

Chris Never said...

Kora, thats fine, thankyou for the link, appreciate it :)


Hiya Moon, thanks, not sure how I did this one, the bones of it were just lying asleep in my mind, and all I did was place flesh upon them so to speak,
how you doin? , hath thy muse returned yet?

burning moon said...

ugh, well sort of slowly and painfully, but not really.
School started back this week, so I'm plunged back into studying hard out. Guess what though! This is my very last semester and at the end of it I graduate!

Chris Never said...

Hey Ho Moon, thats great news,you must be so happy to see the end in site.


And after that Moon?
do you then go on to more study or no?

burning moon said...

more study of some kind. not sure what yet. thinking about secondary school teaching, or adult literacy. I need to go talk to a careers adviser

Chris Never said...

Secondary school teaching

Jesus, you like a challenge Moon *grins*

burning moon said...

yeah well ... I'm not real sure about it. it wouldn't be my first choice, but it's secure and pays enough for me to support myself comfortably. I guess it's the practical choice, but we'll see what turns up ...