Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm writing now because I know
without doubt the moment I stop
I will cease to exist

There are no portents in western civilisation
no circling vultures
no tapping Poe raven's
no Marley ghost
to come at 12 and again at 1


We ignore the earth
in all her mystery and
ancient magic

The way she breathes

the way she sobs uncontrollably

We carve our name into her
of gulley and fissure
with machine
and reckless disregard

We slaughter her children
then our own with equal fervour

Blood
a sign
a portrait of shame
smeared
then carefully
painted across her surface
for all the reavers
to see

And the sign is
Aramaic
Sanskrit
and rap gangster speak

It tells of the coming

it speaks in twisting tautologies
of rune and enchantments

Mouth the words
and cease with me........

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I agree with you a 100%... Me and my boyfriend talked things through it is all cool...

What do you think of Tree Huggers pardon the name but i know no other name... in fact i would love to be one... I hug trees with love does that count....

I wish people would respect our mother earth... it makes me want to weep...

Chris Never said...

I'm glad you and your boy friend sorted out the issues Kora *smile*

Tree huggers are fine with me , and hugging trees with love is a nice hobby I suspect :).

We need people to give a shit Kora, and Tree Huggers do.


Well, slowly but surely, mankind is coming to realise that we need to treat this planet better or we will not have a place to live. All change takes time.

Ashley said...

Do you think that some day we could invent a plastic that is biodegradable? And that be what everyone uses. I was thinking about it while at work, i work at a grocery store...

Chris Never said...

I'm sure if the scientific community, properly funded for the research by our governments, were to put their collective minds to it, they could easily develop a biodegradable plastic hybrid which would replace plastic bags as we know them. It is a good concept

Ashley said...

hmm maybe i should take that to them and if they decided to ignore me i would bug the monkeys out of them until they listened to me. Hmmmmm....I think people should band together and make the government listen to us force them to instead of....well that is another rant for another day.