Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Making me real

Our days are tiny poems
winding around the
curve of morning.

I am writing you
constantly noting down
the way your face
lilts when you laugh
rhyming your smile
so I can remember it easily.

We gather secrets
so we can
write them on river stones
to toss mid stream
then watch the ripples
bring them back to us
reflecting truth
in the shimmering wavelets.


When your back is turned
I scrawl myself upon your neck

my name

over and over
a litany of me

on you

till you are more than my story

my aching fable

more than the sum of
fumbling words.



My fingers
create strophes
upon you
and
your skin
sings me out

in poem song.


2 comments:

burning moon said...

This is a scrumptiously romantic poem. Women love having this worshipful adoration showered upon them. Your wife is a lucky woman.

Chris Never said...

Tis true *preens*


lol

worshipful adoration, I wouldn't have gone quite that far *grins*