Monday, September 08, 2008

Spring

In spite of me
or perhaps
because of
I am mindlessly enthused by
tomorrow
and how the shape of it can bend into
unusual design

I once saw a day
break away from the pack
and sprint towards the future
the rest
howling fowl
and waving their fists
do days have fists?
I know they have legs
because some of them can run forever

Tomorrow is a careful plan
thrown out the window
caught on a gust of wind
and spun around
till it loses perspective
becoming more receptive
to the thought
that all things are random
including you and I.

There is a gleam in my eye
but if you point it out
I will lie about it
avert and convert the idea
into a discussion about
your skin and how it brings
songs to the lips of children
a sub sound
felt rather than heard
you cannot pick out any particular word
more a sensation
than an explanation.


And here comes tomorrow
as promised
as foretold in the bottom of
a cup of tea
the leaves curling into a rune
with no interest in style or considerations

Your call

we can wait here for it

or hold hands and move into
its
embrace

Your fingers
so cool
against my palm.

7 comments:

burning moon said...

I love the way you tinker with fortune, future, and palmistry in this. Very cool.

Chris Never said...

Considering today is possibly the end of the world, according to my daughter who I had hoped, would not hear about the hedron atom smasher lol, I told her to text me when it happens, but keep it short so I have time to to reply *laughs*

I just wanted to express hope in the face of extinction

Where will you be when the egg heads decide the fate of humanity?

*grins*

And who told them it was ok to take the risk?

lol

burning moon said...

I hadn't heard about the end of the world today! Do tell!

Chris Never said...

In Europe, after twenty years of development, they have created a machine 100 metres under ground which when switched on, will send atoms smashing into each other at a rate of 20,00 times per second or some such.

The thing has cost billions to make, and they are hoping it will give them some answers to questions about the big bang etc

Sadly, there is a small chance it will create a black hole and destroy the world

Chris Never said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Never said...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/09/scicern309.xml


A link

burning moon said...

crap! makes me think of that movie Metropolis