Monday, September 29, 2008

Play me

I was
carried to you
on the wavering discord of a guitar string

thrumming distorted harmonies
settle in the blood
and pulse with a heated beat
as it thrusts life
through limbs
urging us to move

together



Our bones have wept
wailed
the sound
gathering
to collide
implode
drawing you to me
in the throbbing
collection of discarded notes
as they fall from the song


A bass beat
the fuck
we finally found
waiting at the end of
the dance

Move into
and through me

your fingers strum
veins
and sinew
drawing harmony
from urgent flesh

The chorus
a counterpoint of
submission
licking resistance

into want

5 comments:

Bridget M. said...

The ending here is supercharged. I like it.

Chris Never said...

Thanks Bridget

Glad you enjoyed it *smile*

burning moon said...

er ... whew ... I have no comment really lol

Chris Never said...

*Laughs*

Some days, you just wake up feeling that way lol

burning moon said...

so I've heard ... lololol