Monday, August 27, 2007

Beach wet sand in grey drifts.


I am waiting,

was always waiting,

when the wind howled in.

Tussock and saw grass,

buffeted,

a shack,

weathered boards in disarray.

We had lain in there,

naked,

oil lamp burning,

exchanging sadness and salt crusted kisses.

The weather could not get us,

save tiny gusts past rusted nails.

Rain drives in on the shoreline,

a single gull,

hovering,

fighting the wind.

I strike a match,

cup my hand,

burn down our memory.

I am waiting,

was always waiting,

for you.

3 comments:

Bridget M. said...

I have this memory but it's never as beautiful as you can make it.

novice.knitter said...

i love this! so sparse and dry... yet the images burn my inner mind! great writing!

Chris Never said...

Thankyou both kindly for your comments *smile*


Much appreciated.