Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shelleyisms

Cynacism a draft best taken alone

Don't ask me
where does she get this shit?



I am ducking under the cut and thrust
a question poised on tip of tongue
falls unspoken into a surprised lap of the gods

And Shelley has the where with all
to label me hypocrite

She lashes left and right
striking unprotected flesh

I cannot protect myself from a reflection
the way she mirrors my disaffections

What a retarded conversation

she hammers home her point
a six inch nail straight through
the curve of my skull
and its not the content of her arguement
but more the way
it loops around itself
a serpent consuming its own tail
leaving no room for dissent

I don't buy it

No, and neither do I










2 comments:

novice.knitter said...

i just found these about shelley. what a wonderful commentary about your girl! have often thought of writing about my own daughter with that kind of clarity. this could be a shove to me to give it a try! thanks for the inspiration!

Chris Never said...

Hi Sparrow, it is an endless fountain of inspired whining for me *laughing*

She is an astounding creature, and has me on the run more often than not, but she teaches me so much about myself.

Glad you got something from these poems, I may run another series, hope you post some as well.