Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Its morning right?

The frost in snapping
the crunch
echoes like a bite of peanut brittle
shattering in teeth


I like the inhale
the sting of cold in the back of my throat
sharp and jolting
a frozen air shot of awake

My hands quickly pink
the tips of fingers
sunsetting shades
and throbbing

The backward arse country fuckers next door
have fired up the four wheel drive
the wash of deisel
surging over the fence
to drown me in fumes and grey

The door handle on the car
is iced and slick

Starting this day
as every other one begins
a ritual of repeated motions
requiring movement without thought.

Input advantageous but not essential

And thats the kicker isnt it?

These things
this myriad of small activities
we ply through
each one essential
to the sequencial construction
of a day
each one
a tread on the stairs
a rung in the
well....
you get the idea

We play out the part
walk the distances
open and close the obvious

meet and greet
breathe
move feet

and it can all happen
with mind in absentia
sifting through
yesterdays conversation
reassembling the lines spoken
to bring about a different outcome

Just an example
we are free
of the constraints of thought in daily
discourse
a little spark of us
offered here and there of course
but overall

free

I'm thinking of the way
we might reflect in the eyes of strangers
as we pass

I'm dreaming jasmine scented waters
steaming around my nakedness

I'm driving into tomorrow
renewed from today

and

its morning right?

because
truth to tell

I lost track....

6 comments:

burning moon said...

oh I like this. yeah, nice.

the profound emerging from the daily and mundane. nicely done.

Chris Never said...

thankyou kindly

Goddamn my poetry has been a struggle lately, you writing anything?

burning moon said...

not really. I have one that I'm struggling to finish because I have one line that I need but it won't come.
all I have time to write at the moment are lesson plans ... thrilling ...

I do start a few, but I never seem able to finish them really.

I have four more weeks of teaching practice which will be pretty full on and then I'll have a break for a couple of weeks, so I'll try to do something then.

Chris Never said...

Sounds like you are flat strap at the moment, its gathering momentum, this career choice of yours isnt it *smile*

Soon, soon, you will be shaping the minds of our youth, well, your youth anyway *grin*

I'm all over the place like a drunken lizard atm lol..

burning moon said...

ya, my career has certainly stepped up the pace a notch or three!
I teach my first class tomorrow. By the time you get to work and read this I'll be into it, so send me a small prayer will you?
I need all the help I can get!

I'll feel better after I get a few actual classes under my belt.

After I get this teaching practise behind me I'll relax and breathe a hug sigh of relief until next year.

oh, some news on another fron to, but maybe not for public posting. I'll mail you

Chris Never said...

I have always said , as far as vocations go, I could not think of a better one for you, you have an exceedingly nuturing nature my dear.

I will cast a prayer to the sky
and it will fall on you as you teach
sparkling silver words
of comfort and care
to glint and shimmer
wish hightlights
dancing on the fine strands
of your hair *smile*

I will wait for your mail.