Monday, July 09, 2007

On Salisbury

On Salisbury

the curve of the earth

arcs away from you

toward the coming day.

You have become

the joining

Sun and sensuality

light emanating

from within

and without

And I

a menhir

raised in adulation

leaning towards you

ancient

runic inclinations

rope across

the time-smoothed surface of

my skin

Come

to me

Through the Sarsen circle

you wend in

a naked sacrifice

A garland in your hair

a sceptre

to grace thy fine bone fingers

a copper ring

for anticipation

a golden torc

to catch my tongue

2 comments:

burning moon said...

oh yeah, love this. I have all sorts of romantic notions about Salisbury and Stonehenge, sun worshipping and ancient rites. This really buys into them. Cool

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Moon *smile*

It was part of a challenge to write something sexy, and this is my attempt, I don't seem to do sex poetry all that well really lol.

I must be repressed *grins*