Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm cutting the price tag off freedom tonight


Rub the grit from my eyes
ease the ache
the forsaken Saturday
bleeding and broken
on the back seat
amongst the candy bar wrappers.

Stacking children in
on top of the crap
strapping em down
to teach them young

Listen up kiddies,
we are all strapped down from
an early age

But they will not listen
for they are seeking destiny
with glowing skin and eyes alight
with a desire to seek out the truth

They are youth
and dreams
woven from the threads of all we know

And I will smile as they grow beyond my reckoning


But I will recall
my naked days
when scent flowed water
across my senses
and touch was a taste
not to be wasted

I oiled my skin in defiance
till I gleamed
and out shone the sun

Your tongue was rough
against the ripple of muscle
barely contained beneath

Worship
is sight of us as we are/were

Collecting moments
and placing them on the bare
skin of your arm

A daisy chain of luck

A borderline of us
between incredible perfection
and where all others reside

No comments: