Friday, June 09, 2006

I am writing this
to find completion to at least
just one thought/thing/event


No loose ends are tied off for me,
they hang with the tips
blood coated and sacred

I swing on the threads of today

Yes, I know your dying
you told me with that voice you use
when you are seeking a neutral tone
but the octaves are scattering from your throat
and splattering against the spotless surface of our relationship

No matter how hard we try to wipe away the residue
it stains our hands ochre
our clothing bleaches out color
and dry empty of verve.

Life is brittle

don’t fucking tell me that

but I know now if I touch you
you will break away in my hands

Bones dry to burn

Skin kindling the flames of farewell

I have pressed my mouth to your tears
and tried to pray you back from the brink

And all the time
you still work and smile
and while away weekends watching the game
and saying things will always be the same

You lie to all of us

You lie to the sky
and try to find the smile you lost last year


I lie to myself at night
when the sweat comes
the gritted teeth of no where to run
grinds my eyes into shards

I have become sand
blowing onto the trunk of your car
so you must always push me away
before you can pack up your things and go.

You will not leave tonight
or perhaps tomorrow

You know I will consume the sweet nectars
of sorrows tart tang
and drown
for all time.

Don't tell me not to worry

I was born to carry the song you never gave voice

I was told to make sure the Universe
would clearly state the brief flare of your life
in a falling stars arcing random journey

And when you look at me
I can see the failing light
gathering dusk behind
the grey of eyes
accepting
while rejecting my inability
to deal

And resolution for us
will be a sod of earth
thrown down the throat of Gods whimsy

And the incredible silence

where once you filled part of me




5 comments:

burning moon said...

This is a very mature voice for you.

S.L. Corsua said...

There is a slow tightening in my chest as I read the lines, bursting in a mouthed gasp with that ending.

Love it. ^_^

A lot of beautifully crafted lines here, too, like the following:

I have become sand
blowing onto the trunk of your car
so you must always push me away
before you can pack up your things and go.


I like the image. I so admire the analogy; it elicits a sigh.

Thank you. ^_^

Bridget M. said...

"I have pressed my mouth to your tears
and tried to pray you back from the brink"

I have been here.

I can visualize this one.

Terrific.

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

very good writing...
-.a.-

Chris Never said...

Thanks very much all of you.

Appreciate your thoughts and comments.


Chris