Sunday, April 19, 2009

There is
no dancing around the issue
our feet
pattering rain
against the grain of floor boards

Shell has broken
opalescent shards
scatter upon us

You are a healer
I have seen it in
your lavender fingers
and witch hazel eyes

Heal her

We fall more heavily
a steady drumming
which awakens children
and makes the cat stir
in slumbers

I am begging you to heal,

graft fresh skin
over open wounds
gently settle pristine flesh
in place
smooth rippled agony's.

We are colder now
hail slamming
and dancing upon
the earth
rushing headlong into storm

When you cry
I know we are forsaken
tears of molten gold
and loss so deep
the machines of man
will never reach it

Shell is broken

and you are
weeping me
quiet love












4 comments:

burning moon said...

This is so beautiful. And beautifully done. Well done!

I love the progressive build. And the quiet, exquisitely sad ending. I can feel the feeling rippling through the lines. It's just a lovely piece of work. :)

Chris Never said...

Well thank you kindly kid,it actually felt good to write this one.

Lil Bit said...

Wow.
I just stumbled over the broken shells into your lil slice of this cybersky ... and your words touched me.
Just felt compelled to thank you.

So . . . thank-you. =)

Chris Never said...

Thank you Lil Bit, glad you dropped by and liked what you found *smile*