Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Marble Pedestal (Title provided by Burning Moon productions)

She did not turn away.

The curve of her body
a question mark against
the morning risen
catching the promise
of a new day
upon her lips
and tasting hope.

She lay the sun
on her palm
and gently
blew upon it.

A spray of rays
surged in all directions.

Blinding
defining moments
till all there was
was light.

She wove a midday meal
from whole cloth
and lavender thread
creating delectable’s upon
a spread check rug
resting on the springing
warm grass stalks.

Sour dough
and melting butter on a plate
strawberry jam
a dolloped red yearning
a cold white wine
chill condensation
wandering haphazard
down the glass.

She knelt
curled knees beneath her
allowed the late morning air
to caress
undress
and slowly
turn her to marble.

Draped in wildflower
and tangled weed
speckled in shades
of moss and lichen
the earth
embraced cool stone

caressing

the jut of her chin

swell of calf

arch of neck.

10 comments:

burning moon said...

very pretty. of course I love any poem that has raes in it, lol.

I think a good title will be important for this poem.

Chris Never said...

A good title .....hmmmm......I have nothing lol, but I am open to suggestion

burning moon said...

lol, I dunno, you lazy bugger! Think of something brilliant!

The Marble Pedestal or something!

It just made me think of a marble statue subsiding slowly into the earth and being covered by nature.

Stone Submission?

The Grass Coverlet?

lol, I don't know!

Chris Never said...

Lazy!!!!


Lazy!!!!


I am shocked, I am wounded, see the bleeding?? that is the wound obviously lol

I am many things, lazy is just one of them *laughs*

Right a title will be posted forthwith :)

burning moon said...

lol, I knew that would get to you

burning moon said...

actually that was one of the things my mother always said to me, that I was lazy. So I hesitated to write that to you. Please do take it as only funning.

I think what my mother saw as lazy was my excessive daydreaming and obsession with reading. Which all makes sense to me now. But when you're a kid, you just think your parents know everything and they must be right. Right?

Chris Never said...

Kid, I would never take offense from you for such a comment, I know you were only kidding mate, you don't ever need kit gloves with me ok?

burning moon said...

ok. I thought it would be ok. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. It's just that it's the sort of thing that might push some of my own buttons :)

I have take an ongoing training session with some of the other literacy tutors. This involves me standing and talking about a procedure I did with one of my students to help him deal with his dyslexia. I HATE talking to a group of people. Especially other tutors! ugh. I'm quite nervous.
Still, I think it would be good for me to get better at doing this sort of thing.

I've put together a powerpoint presentation at my sister's suggestion. She said it will help to keep me on track with what I'm saying. I hope I can get it to work properly.

Chris Never said...

Talking to a crowd is really really tough, best thing you can do is prepare prepare prepare, be as right about what you need to say in your own mind as you possibly can, write it all down as a back up.

And

Good luck *smile*

Chris Never said...

I will remember to never call you lazy lol