Sunday, June 03, 2007

Repost

And what if you had actually gotten

what you wished for?

Then the Heavens

then the swelter of summer after all

the oiled insinuations

of skin

in bronze and amber

Wishes are horses

stamping impatient

in the morning air

snorting steamed mist

into your face

They move as one

perfectly accentuated

brush strokes

across the eye of God

You will harangue me

for my lack of initiative

for my disposal of possession

But I cannot come to ride beside you

the reins have slipped

the saddle

tilts

I am stuck in the earth

as silt gathers between my toes

in eons

I have no time love

time is rewinding

redefining itself

around the narrow

bones of your fingers.

And the horses

shiver in anticipation

for they have caught the scent

of prophecy

moving westwards

away towards them

2 comments:

burning moon said...

wow! this is awesome and epic in its sweep!
Absolutely LOVE this poem Chris!

Funnily, I read another poem about horses this morning. There's a link to it on my blog.
I have to say, I like this one of yours just as much as I liked Donald Hall's.

Thanks for sharing this. It really gets me off to a good start this morning.

I have my final exam this week starting tomorrow and finishing Friday so I need all the good energy I can gather.

Chris Never said...

Oh good luck and break a leg and all the best wishes I can send your way kid.

I will cross fingers you will do well, but of course, I expect, as always, you will do well *grin*

head down and bum up as they say, and if they dont say it, they should lol

*serious eyes*

Best of luck mate

And thankyou for liking the poem *smile*, Ill have a look at the one you mentioned