Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Modern Lovers

I'm gunna rock pop sock it to ya

splash it in your eyes

Hell yeah
I finally got the gist
figured it out
learnt how to shout

Culture is just the latest
clumsy plastic fantastic
doe-eyed drug fuelled
sex on legs
begging for it from every url in site

We are the sum of our diversity
the clash of east west
and look at the god damn breasts on that!!!!

Its not so bad
as we sink into a sea of obesity
and silicone insertions
our fake ass
bullshit media exertions
are not for naught

You will be my pretty pretty
street wise
cute in a short shirt
wanna flirt kinda way

And I can be a metro sexual
admittedly totally ineffectual
as an alpha male

But smelling
sweet as a summer wine
with fragrant cheese

We will please each other
between the pages of Who
and Zoo
a full page shoot
the gloss not lost
on perfect burnished skin
and the carcinogens
from tanning salon nights
will not kick in for years

Our pointless existence
tracked through the
wear and tear on business suits

Childless
lifeless
antiseptic lovers
releasing fluids to the sky

Aspiring to nothing more
than the latest PDA
a blackjack
blackberry orgasm
of electric dependence
tapping our lives
into small devices
seeking solace in acceptance
allowing the painfully empty
conversations in elevators
and round coffee machines
to summarise our place
in the scheme

Remove your panties

and I will dust your soul
with coke



together
to find angels
in sexual gymnastics

No no
don’t cry
the ache will pass

someday.......

5 comments:

burning moon said...

lol! OMG!

Well done.

There you go with the wine and cheese thing again, lol.

Chris Never said...

What can I say, Im a sucker for some mental images lol

I do recycle them sometimes, its a bad habit *grin*

burning moon said...

heh, you sound a bit 'blokey' in this Chris.
I've never noticed that in your poems before.

"look at the god damn breasts on that!!!!"

tch tch tch


I love this:

"cute in a short shirt
wanna flirt kinda way"

Chris Never said...

I am a bloke you know

I know its hard to tell sometimes
*laughing*

I had to put on some very upbeat music to pump this one out.

I should do it more often, brings out the whacko in me lol

Bridget M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.