Monday, April 09, 2007

An exploration of any given period

I will wear my shame
with pride


The purity of self loathing
in the shimmer
of sable

A cloak of incantations

Within the hood
each rune
sears sins
into my skull

No hiding
or
denying

Each bright blot upon
the chapters of life
clearly inked
and synched to
short falls
lies
averted lines of
thought
sliding
sidewinder through eyes

Let the day
expose
pathetic excuses
and hastily erected
defences
around
whining cajoling
disclaimers

I will suck it in
suck it down

Awaken to aching doubt
and fall asleep to the lullaby
of why

4 comments:

burning moon said...

nicely done Chris. mmm, if I might be so impertinent as to make a personal observation, you seem to be a little down on yourself?

or maybe it's not personal. sorry. I shouldn't make assumptions should I?

it's a gorgeous day here in NZ today.

I am full of easter chocolate and feeling a little fuzzy round the edges as a result, lol.

Chris Never said...

a little down on yourself?

You could say that
and you would be correct
if you did

I will recover, I usually do

The day here is lovely and all the world is a sink hole of black into which I fling myself body and soul

these are two truths for tuesday lol

Yes, I too have worshipped at the feet of the Chocolate God, I sacrificed myself to him/her once again *grin*

burning moon said...

lol, I got a very clear picture of you just then as a hollow chocolate Gumby person.

Did you ever see 'Gumby'? It was a children's programme years ago.

I get that blackness sometimes too. It's weird isn't it? Everything in my life can be going along perfectly well, but I'll suddenly feel as though all the light has been sucked away.

I've found that sometimes if I smile and pretend I'm happy for a while it becomes true. If all else fails Dr Moon prescribes a picnic in the country or park where you can walk quietly under some trees beside a river. Always helps me.

Chris Never said...

Thankyou Dr Moon *grins*

I am, as you know, a fairly upbeat person 9 days out of 10

But on day 10

watch out

I will suck the light from the sky
and pick my teeth with it.

I dunno, the black is ok , sometimes, its quite seductive

sometimes
its where I think maybe I should go

*shrugs*

Itll pass