Monday, February 25, 2013


Wind swept hearts 


Silhouettes 
on a vast empty life-scape
pin points of deepest black
sun stealing
light eating

ever unfulfilled

I was soaring through Flinders Lane
drinking down the  rain
and a dying mans painful
memories of how he was
and why he never will be
again.

You have not called me
my beautiful boy
for so long now

the post it notes of yesterdays
are pasted
peeling
and falling up onto the ceiling

Morning flutters
 in the stiffening breeze
 of times current

a thermal of
cannot stop

carrying us upwards
into the glare
into the future
that wasn't there ten years ago


Silhouettes
on a busy downtown street
cut
scattered and dissipated by
a thousand voices
bursting us asunder
leaving our protestations
swallowed in the thunder
of another pointless
feckless task

ever unrealized

 I was crawling along Burke Street
awash in the crowd
swept along with humanity
as we lurch into the next
phase
the sunset days
we knew would come
but kept running from
non the less

You cannot fill
my beautiful boy
no matter how hard you try

pouring days and scented wine
down my throat
pressing kisses to my cheek
and washing my feet clean

the post it notes of
tomorrow
unwritten
unwilling

evening hangs
heavy in the still
as time stands
and waits for us
then
leaves us behind

Windswept hearts
and a sense of passing

the only things
left 















6 comments:

burning moon said...

this is lovely. It's like a song. I'm sure you could put this to music. Are you musical at all bird?

Chris Never said...

I have always, and will always, have a deep, abiding love of music, always, it soothes me, it helps me, it ignites me, it is the the running theme of my life.

Cant play an instrument,cant read music,can sing kinda lol , but I love it non the less *smile*

burning moon said...

what kind of music do you like?

Chris Never said...

ooo, all sorts, I am a huge fan of acoustic stuff, lots of soulful guitars and angst ridden male or female singers *grin*, but then, I also enjoy some heavy beats , classical on a given day, all sorts, depends a lot on my mood I guess.

How about yourself?

burning moon said...

yep, all sorts. My tastes range from Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky (sp?) etc to Pink Floyd, Grace Jones, the Stones, Beetles, Elton John, Paul Simon, to Chemical Brothers, Salmonella Dub, mmm, it would be easier to say what I don't like lol.

Chris Never said...

I am a bit the same, I like a large array of differing styles and genres which I think is a good thing.

lol, reminds me, I used to argue with my kids when they were younger, in the car , they were constantly telling me to turn the music down, I told them it was supposed to be the other way around *grin*