Sunday, November 18, 2012

Time or not

Time wanders in drunken circles

aimless rotations


The simple mercy of silence
 fails to materialize in
 its weaving wake

We gather sadness
in ever growing
hastily scrawled pages 

the ink barely dry on one
before the next story writes itself
upon us
a flow of disasters and out cast souls

hope and youth
stolen and ripped into shreds of
shocked realization

There are no happy endings
only delays to inevitable
corruption and decay

We are following time
as it staggers into the wall
muttering to itself
leaning against the roughened stone
for support

I would offer it my arm
my patience
and good will
if I thought it would not turn on me
as well

But I know better,
if I stay hidden
shadow its meandering steps
close

but not seen

it will not take me yet









2 comments:

Bridget M. said...

The sadness in your words is staggering. This one is very beautiful.

Chris Never said...

I sometimes wonder if 'sadness' is what I do best Bridget.

Thank you for reading :)