Sunday, May 01, 2011

Yeah Right

The only thing
between me and eternity
is the thread of words
we trade

I found solace
in a red wine
and the endless
line of faces
fading behind my smile

We danced
chanced upon salvation
purely by accident
a low rent decision
stalling the division
between
here
and the melted wax
of a candle
long past a wicks
assurances.

I have given all
and nothing at all
in equal parts
a feathered dart
leaping to the
song of your heart

See me
in all my daggers strike
a spike of sweet pain
and soft refrains
falling in a poor rain's
patter
to drift and patter
against the smeared window sill

I can only hold this sensation
for a moment
for the ghosts
and hosts of dissemination
are stammering
unable to articulate
a past
a line cast into gray sea scapes
where the difference betwixt sky
and sea is a blurred memory

We are dissolution
a random confusion
of emotional connection
and soul infection
the dissection
left to later times
uncrossed lines
best left smeared
and feared to be touched upon.

I have seen you
naked
dancing
wheeling in the sky
a blaze of ochre
searing the suns soft design
refuting
articulation
bringing forth disputation
winging
a soulless gull
to blend and diffuse
into the things
we use
on any given Sunday
to get through
and quietly say

we are ok...


I bow my head
open my mouth
and receive
all the things you said

I absorb you

to create me

4 comments:

Bridget M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridget M. said...

Bravo!

burning moon said...

very cool. this reads like a rap song. I love the R&R :)

Chris Never said...

Thank you kindly Bridget :)

Hey Moon Maid, yeah, felt like getting a little rhyme action going for a change, havent done it for ages *smile*