Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Softly now

Together
we gathered Sundays

tucked them into
long coats
and hid them from the kids

You bend
the Moon
toward me

a soft rain of light
pools beneath my eyes
and speaks of yesterday
when my skin
would harmonize with yours
a song we still give voice
only sometimes

in our
stolen moments
an hour

a minute

a moment lost and tossed
against the wall
to fall upon deaf ears

You will kiss my ravaged cheek

taste
my stained smile

and offer acceptance
once again


And with a touch

Sundays fall
from
forgotten
pockets







4 comments:

Bridget M. said...

I want to whisper this one out loud as I read it. Well done, Chris. XOX

burning moon said...

such lovely softness in this (and of course the moon is there, lol). lovely poem :)

Chris Never said...

Hi Bridget, long time no see *smile*

Hope life is treating you and your family well

Chris Never said...

Thanks Moon, my mojo may just be coming back *grin*

Hope so, its been too long