Thursday, October 16, 2008

Not Idle

There is a fable
caught in the web between my fingers
the story
unfolding
one digit at a time.

The traffic on Main
wends in serpent coils
undulating with sinuous motion
the sun
warm on its back
filling the scales
with heat
blood moving faster
as the lights change

I am in front
the fang poised

My foot
judders against the accelerator
tapping in time to a song
who's title I do not know
by an artist I never knew.

Music
my drug of choice

The green light sprays
blazing out
deep emerald rays
striking each of us in turn

The rush forward
curved sharp

striking
with gleeful hunger

in unison
we lunge

5 comments:

burning moon said...

nice. I love traffic poems. This is a good one.

Kate said...

lunge is the right word. it fits

Chris Never said...

I never knew you loved traffic poems
*grins*

And you reckon I'm odd lol

Chris Never said...

Hi Kate,

Its very much like that isn't it?

we are all leaping into the day via our cars

Kate said...

Yes, we are in fact doing that.