Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lets mix CSI and inferred Sex

It wasn't only the thirst

Rasp
parched arid tongues
lick a sweeping vista
to taste
baked clay


Walk for miles
a crooked branch clutched
in sweating palm

The sun boiling softly
supine on the horizon
a spinning blaze
of accusation

You brought Evian
in plastic

and latent prints
for Grissom to find

when our bones had bleached to
Autumn

No breath
to release rage
we argue
in heated whispers

Ungentle kisses
of torn aspect
leave impressions on the clay

Faces
embossed for eternity
to be found
a thousand centuries hence

Offering the serenity
of cautious demise

to be discussed
dissected
our bones
mingled and mixed

coupling finally
completely

for it wasn't only

the thirst.

2 comments:

burning moon said...

this is a good poem, but the title totally threw me off the read. If I read it without the title it works much better for me.
I kept looking for some way to fit CSI into the poem and failing utterly.

Maybe new title?

Chris Never said...

Grissom looking for latent prints?

CSI Los Vegas *grin*


But well yes, I can change the title , actually, it was more of a , I must put something in the header , rather than an actual title I spose lol