Monday, April 14, 2008

Untitled

Rich slurps as he
extols the virtues of
Neruda around
a sharp Merlot tang
breathing pavlova
and too many reds
down the plunge
of your gown


I make watching
a virtue

replacing
apparent indifference

small smile
vague nod
along a wire thin
throb of conversation

Catching your eye
placing it
on the table before me

trying to stare you down

We dance in and out
amongst
the dirty plates
and smeared glasses
a chicken bone
of contention
lies greasy
on the pristine table cloth

The music
too loud's
across us

an up swell of sound
drawing you
a charcoal impression
onto my napkin

Later
I will bring you
crinkled
out of my pocket
to
kiss your black lips

your smudged eyes.

3 comments:

burning moon said...

very nice!

I love the ending. it's sort of creepy and sinister somehow, but very cool.

burning moon said...

is it possible to be sinister and cool at the same time?

lol

Chris Never said...

Totally, I often go for sinister/cool with my writing *grins*

I was hoping for sort of deep/intense lol

but sinister/cool will do


hehehe