Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I took heart from this

Peter Pan syndrome" is not listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and is not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as a mental disorder.


Alas, it then went on to say this

The Peter-Pan psychological type is one characterized by immaturity or certain sorts of psychological, social, and sexual problems. The type of personality in question, usually male, is immature and narcissistic. More completely, according to Kiley, the characteristics of a "Peter-Pan" include such attributes as irresponsibility, rebelliousness, pottering about, anger, narcissism, dependency, manipulativeness, and the belief that he is beyond society's laws and norms.

*sighs*


lol

2 comments:

burning moon said...

ahhh ... nods sagely.


I see I struck a sore point. Sorry. Don't take it personally, it certainly wasn't aimed at you. I've just grown tired of the 'I never want to grow up' refrain from grown men. It seems to me there's something disfunctional in the refusal to become an adult.

And I don't mean that adults should lose their sense of adventure, joy, curiosity or their ability to play.
Just that as an adult you should have learned when it's an appropriate time to do those things and when you need to be serious and responsible.

You don't strike me as an irresponsible person ....

Chris Never said...

I am just like every other male


dysfunctional

its a good word

no, not irresponsible

I have not been that for a long time