Sunday, November 19, 2006


Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.


Life is a paper cut on the eye

Go placidly
and no one will remember your name

Peace in silence
yes
Ive found peace
in the still of 7.00am sunday morning
before the fuckers with their lawn
mowers howl down the day
before the chain saw song
before the music drips over the back fence

I have spoken my truth for
a thousand fucking years
and yet
Im a liar by nature

Ask House,
we all lie.


May the dull and ignorant
talk to each other for solace

Let them mumble platitudes
in a slow drawl

Give me a mind
sharper than a pin
in the dick

I want the challenge of rapier wit
I want to think
and be quick silver with you

I want you to speak of things
I know not
I want you to tell me what
it is
what it was
and how it can be

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.


Vex me and I'll rip your eyes out

I have compared myself with everyone
on this planet
and found me to be astoundingly
lacking in every way
and you know?
its not so bad

If you can accept your failings
you can try to improve

If there are lesser people than me
I pity you
and wish you well

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.


The world is indeed
full of trickery


The sting of tomorrow
steeped in the blood of today

I'm rubbing frantically
to remove the pain

tearing up
biting down on all the suggestions
left on my door
post-it-notes from serenity

Smarmy creeds of forgotton monks
as they dipped quill to gall
and scrawled lifes little secrets
for me to read a thousand years later

Was it so good?

Your existence in the cold halls
of monasteries
sandalled feet padding on the pavings stones
to the library
you would place your thinly covered buttocks
on a hard stool
and begin to write

And yet you told me
be at peace
be myself
move with grace amongst those around me


How could you know?

Who told you I was
dishevelled by indolence

Who allowed you to see
me clench fingers into the blankets
and bite back a scream

When the night cloys
and pours thick syrup grey
over my mouth till I gurgle and gasp
and rasp out a cry for help in my sleep

I wish you well also,
nameless smart-arse monk bastard from the past

I suspect your life sucked harder than mine
ever could and yet you offered us a glimpse
of hope in its purest form

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should


Yes

this is true......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing

Chris Never said...

Thanks Kora :)